Retaining walls can be constructed from natural stone or manufactured wall block. It is best to consult your contractor and the building department of your town prior to starting your project.
Retaining wall blocks are manufactured blocks that are stacked to create landscaping walls. Some systems are designed to stay together by a lip, pin or glue. When trying to decide what wall is best for your project start by having the answers to the following questions:
- Do you want a natural stone look or a manufactured block style?
- Will the wall be exposed from only from one side or will it be exposed on the front and back side?
- How high will the wall be at the highest point?
- Will there be any exposed ends to the wall?
- What is the overall square footage of the wall? This is calculated by multiplying the length of the wall (in feet) times the average height of the wall (in feet).
With the answers to these questions we will be able to direct you to our displays to make a wall style selection.